Everyone by now has heard about the “Occupy Wall Street” (OWS) movement that’s growing legs and spotlighting financial problems in the USA. Occupy Wall Street is moving across the country from city to city. In Philadelphia—the city nearest where I live—is gearing up for an OWS encampment around its beautiful Victorian vintage city hall. Philly’s police commissioner said in an interview on the radio that they will meet with the OWS folks in what I interpreted as a way to allow them to demonstrate.
Nothing explains the reasons for the OWS movement than this young man who vocalizes sentiments too valid to ignore. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFz1VVXsWRU&feature=player_embedded
The OWS movement makes one question why there are no organized protests against another even more oppressive regime than Occupy Wall Street: the mandates of Big Pharma and its vaccine industry with pseudo-scientifically-supported products that are killing, maiming, and dramatically increasing the costs of healthcare.
Check out VAERS at http://vaers.hhs.gov/data/index .
Where are the protests? Where are the marches? Where are the encampments? Where, more than anything, is the U.S. Congress AND why its refusal to investigate the neurotoxins and poisons in vaccines that are damaging infants, toddlers, teenagers, adults, and senior citizens? Where!
Is Congress too embarrassed to act because its members may have to hand back all the money they took from Big Pharma lobbyists when the public finds out that, basically, Congress is bought by corporate interests?
Paraphrasing the young man in the above OWS video,
• U.S. citizens should demand the end to FIAT pharmaceutical governance in running U.S. healthcare to enhance Big Pharma’s financial interests and to the economic and health ruination of the USA and its citizens.
• When Big Pharma f—s up, Congress and the U.S. FDA bails them out. The National Childhood Vaccine Injury Act of 1986 (Public Law 99-660) and Vaccine Court with its ‘biased’ hearing masters does just that, and basically takes away a citizen’s rights under tort law normally provided by the legal system in the USA.
• Get pharmaceutical corporate governance out of health care and Congress.
• No more vaccine mandates from anyone: federal, state, or local.
• No more vaccine pseudo-science and sham journals touting vaccine safety.
• Get Big Pharma out of running healthcare.
• Americans are sicker now taking all the vaccines and prescription drugs Big Pharma is pushing on them than ever in USA’s history.
In 2007-2008, 1 out of every 5 children and 9 out of 10 older Americans reported using at least one prescription drug in the past month.
Over the last 10 years, the percentage of Americans who took at least one
prescription drug in the past month increased from 44% to 48%. The use of two or more drugs increased from 25% to 31%. The use of five or more drugs increased from 6% to 11%.
• Persons with a regular place for health care were 2.7 times as likely to have used prescription drugs in the past month as those without a regular place for health care.
• Those with health insurance were almost twice as likely to have used at least one prescription drug in the past month as those without health insurance coverage.
• Among people with health insurance, those having a prescription drug benefit were 22% more likely to use prescription drugs than those who did not have this benefit. http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/databriefs/db42.htm
Big Pharma, in essence, has turned licensed medical doctors into legal drug pushers! We have a legal drug culture in the USA that profits Big Pharma. That’s gotta stop!
Isn’t it about time for another American Civil Rights and Healthcare Revolution? We should recall Dr. Martin Luther King’s famous, “We shall overcome” if we want to be healthy.
Those who organized the Occupy Wall Street protests along with the Tea Party activists may be on to something. I remember the days of the VietNam War protests in the 1960s. I protested that war from its very beginning and am proud to say that. What we have learned in its aftermath was not nice. It is my opinion that the media, which is controlled, and Big Pharma—along with vested interests in government health agencies—just may be pulling off a similar catastrophy.
Let’s take back our health and its care.
The time to act is NOW. Let’s roll! We going down.
Photo Credit: Carwil