Dismissing Jared Loughner’s bloody murders in Arizona as the work of a madman is easy; people like him clearly seem deranged. Yet, shouldn’t we demand better answers? American culture is experiencing a phenomenon of medicated young adults committing violent public acts. (http://www.cchrint.org/2011/01/12/…) As more information becomes available, the mainstream media is avoiding obvious leads to investigate, namely vaccine-induced brain injury.
In 1990, medical researcher Harris Coulter authored a powerful literary work titled, Vaccination, Social Violence, and Criminality: The Medical Assault on the American Brain. The book describes a rising epidemic of vaccine-induced encephalitis, or swelling of the brain, in United States children and young adults. It has been known since the 1920s those suffering from “post-encephalitic syndrome gravitate toward violence and crime.” [Pg.179]
On page 179 Coulter describes post encephalitic children this way: “The typical outcome was described as “good” boys made “bad” and “bad” boys made “worse”. This encephalitis…may produce an intellectual, tormented, monster out of a gentle girl or boy. A child of previous responsible character may be so transformed as to seem a different person…cruel, destructive, abusive, indecent.”
Loughner’s pattern of bizarre mental health problems litters the tabloids, showing a timeline reaching its crescendo in January 2011.
For example, TIME Magazine reported Kylie Smith, a childhood friend of Loughner’s, saying he was, “the most kindhearted, well-behaved human being…” When she saw him years later she recalled, “He seemed out of it, like he was somewhere else…” (http://www.time.com/time…)
ABC News interviewed another former classmate who said, “He was a good person that just somehow changed so much, I don’t know what the hell happened to him.” (http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/jared-lee-loughner…)
What did happen to him? Remember Coulter’s description: “good boys made bad.”
Although Loughner’s medical records are not available, it is realistic to consider that he was vaccinated around mid-to-late August 2010 to attend college. One required vaccine is the measles, mumps, and rubella (MMR) vaccine. That vaccine insert clearly documents encephalitis as an adverse reaction. (http://www.merck.com/product…)
Injury to the brain following vaccination is well documented in the medical literature. As early as July 3rd, 1926, the Journal of the American Medical Association (JAMA) published the report “Nervous Disturbances and Smallpox Vaccination.” The authors confidently declared on page 45, “… It is impossible to deny a connection between vaccinations and the encephalitis which follows it.”
Do we want answers? The technology exists to get them.
For example, brain imaging shows injury. Health insurance companies, e.g., Aetna, considers single photon emission computed tomography (SPECT) medically necessary for:
-Diagnosis or assessment of members with autism;
-Diagnosis or assessment of members with personality disorders (e.g., aggressive and violent behaviors, anti-social personality disorder including psychopathy, schizotypal personality disorder, as well as borderline personality disorder;
-Diagnosis or assessment of members with schizophrenia.
Coupled with brain scans, blood tests could indicate the possibility of viral infections. If the results are positive, what happens if the virus is vaccine-derived? Do we have the courage to acknowledge a possible connection to increasing violent behavior? Medical researchers found the same measles strain in the MMR vaccine in children’s intestines causing gastrointestinal problems!
It is clear Loughner is very disturbed and possibly mentally ill – which is no excuse for his horrific actions. If society and medical pharmacology, in particular, ignore his acts at face value, everyone faces the real prospects of his acts being repeated by others.
* * *
1. Coulter, H. 1990. Vaccination, Social Violence, and Criminality: The Medical Assault on the American Brain.
2. Note to Press Re: Arizona Shooting—Before Touting Pharma’s “More Mental Health Treatment Needed” Line – Try Asking The Right Questions – http://www.cchrint.org/2011/01/12/note-to-press-re-arizona-shootingjared-loughner%E2%80%94before-banging-the-gong-for-%E2%80%9Cmore-mental-health-treatment%E2%80%9D-try-asking-the-right-questions/
3. Pima County Community College District Board Policy – http://www.pima.edu/policies/boardpolicies/BP-3601.shtml
4. The Impact of College Prematriculation Immunization Requirements on Risk for Measles Outbreaks. – http://jama.ama-assn.org/content/272/14/1127.full.pdf+html
5. Aetna Clinical Policy Bulletin: Single Photon Emission Computed Tomography (SPECT) – http://www.aetna.com/cpb/medical/data/300_399/0376.html
6. Arizona Shooting Update: Jared Loughner Researched Assassins, Lethal Injection, Says Report – http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-20029778-504083.html
7. Loughner investigation – http://www.kyma.com/slp.php?idN=4674&cat=Local%20News
8. Jared Loughner’s Chaotic Night Before Arizona Shooting – http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/01/16/jared-loughners-night-before-shooting-chronology_n_809627.html
9. Suspect Jared Loughner known for bizarre behavior – http://www.usatoday.com/news/washington/2011-01-10-suspect10_ST_N.htm
10. The Crazed Internet Rantings of Jared Loughner – http://www.tucsonweekly.com/TheRange/archives/2011/01/08/the-crazed-internet-rantings-of-jared-loughner
11. How Jared Loughner Changed: The View from His Schools – http://www.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,2041878,00.html
12. Jared Loughner Took Pictures of Himself In a G-String With His Gun – http://gawker.com/5733978/jared-loughner-took-pictures-of-himself-in-a-g+string-with-his-gun
13. Jared Loughner’s behavior recorded by college classmate in e-mails – http://voices.washingtonpost.com/44/2011/01/jared-loughners-behavior-recor.html
14. Exclusive: Jared Loughner Radically Changed Before Alleged Shooting, Friend Says – http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/jared-lee-loughner-suspected-gabrielle-giffords-shooter-school/story?id=12575278
15. If You Think Someone Is Mentally Ill: Loughner’s Six Warning Signs – http://www.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,2041733,00.html